Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Couple of 2009 Brunello Values

The 2009 vintage is said to be one for early drinking due to the weather challenges that prevented full development of structure and detail in many wines. Still, for near-term drinking, they can be quite enjoyable. These two are a great example of that 2009 characteristic, with their depth of fruit and forward nature. Both fall into the low end of the Brunello pricing spectrum, offering good relative value.

2009 La Rasina Brunello Di Montalcino 14.5% $40


The nose is wonderfully Earthy, with good depth and a forward character. Dense black cherry flesh, with some ripeness, and dark spice are also prominent. The palate is full and voluptuous, with plenty of ripe black cherry, some pomegranate, Asian spice and subtle aromatics. Sweet tannins and gentle acidity are rolled into the palate profile. Limited complexity, but likely to please the crowd. 88 Pts

2009 Mastrojanni Brunello Di Montalcino 15% ABV $45

Dusty, spiced Earth, red cherry, and some forest floor make up the initial impression on the nose. Later there is mineral, sandalwood, and some dried rose petal adding nuance. The palate shows brite red cherry fruit with cardamom and hints of beef broth. Round tannins and easy acidity make up the structure with late notes of toasted Earth. An easy drinker with some complexity. 89 Pts.


2 comments:

  1. I am Alecia used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes…i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Dr Abalaka); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn’t mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I’m sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as dr.abalaka@outlook.com He travel sometimes.love marriage,finance, job promotion ,gambling voodoo,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,it’s all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more. his cell phone number 5182932141 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete